Director of Supply Chain
Job Reference Code: 0265
Salary: $140K-$175K+ 20% Bonus & LTI
Last Updated: 09/11/2017
We have been retained to fill a Director of Supply Chain role. Established 50 year old company with a strong record of growth is starting up a new operation! Great opportunity to build and develop systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Ten years supply chain management or logistics experience to include experience in a large organization
- Must have experience in the food manufacturing industry
- Five years management experience
- In-depth understanding of supply chain operations, process flow and interdependencies across departments/functions, and lean processing experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally within an organization and with external customers and vendors.
- Strong presentation, negotiation, leadership, business/financial acumen and project management skills.
- Strong organization, prioritization, problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel and Word) and logistics/supply chain systems (i.e., EXE). Ability to travel up to 25%.
Responsible to direct the supply chain processes for food manufacturing and distribution centers to include performance, continuity, quality and safety, and direct the development and implementation of integrated supply chain strategies that drive business results, improve efficiency, increase profitability and meet customer expectations.
- Direct the development and implementation of integrated supply chain strategies and ensure team accountability of operational results; measure KPIs to drive business results, increase profitability, improve efficiency and reduce expenses.
- Manage the supply chain operations P&L cost centers to include, but not limited to, expense and capital budgeting, planning, inventory (asset and product), cost controls, revenue, and operational execution. Develop financial forecasts and department operating plans and manage results to budget.
- Direct the supply chain processes for food manufacturing and distribution centers to include performance, continuity, quality and safety in compliance with contractual requirements as well as local, state and federal regulations.
- Engage in the development of new market strategies including geographic expansion or network optimization and ensure that operational plans support such strategies.
- Assess and identify potential issues or customer concerns and ensure effective customer service to resolve any issues or address concerns to maintain or improve customer satisfaction; provide timely information to senior management regarding such and keep management informed on the potential risks, opportunities and factors influencing such.
- Establish effective working relationships with current and potential customers; work collaboratively with cross-functional leaders and/or customers to identify and address areas of opportunities to meet or exceed customer expectations and communicate effectively with customers and between cross-functional teams.
- Participate in supply chain initiatives (i.e., new product rollouts) and provide expertise related to the supply chain processes to achieve project timelines and costs, and to maintain product quality. Coordinate cross-functionally on new project launches, capacity planning, and execution with Sales and Manufacturing.
- Develop and implement innovative supply chain business plans/processes, ensure compliance and utilization of tools, processes and systems, and measure the effectiveness of operating performance and execution.
- May participate in the negotiation and/or approval of contracts and agreements with suppliers, distributors, government agencies and other organizational entities.
- Responsible for department management including staffing, training, performance management and career development of associates, and developing and monitoring department goals. Develop and monitor department budget as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of legal regulations, industry trends and best Supply Chain practices; make recommendations to improve current programs and processes and to ensure company legal compliance.