Job Reference Code:0122
Corporate Logistics Manager
Logistics Manager works closely with the Executive Team and the leadership of site inventory, transportation and logistics operations.
This position has ultimate responsibility at a corporate level working with our outside site facilities, for effective planning of product procurement, receiving products in a timely manner, the efficiency of product storage and flow, and delivery to customers with zero quality incidents.
This position is also responsible for training standards and policies, measurement of policy compliance, and continuous improvement programs, while assuring compliance with all Federal, State and local regulations related to occupational safety through the site teams.
Evaluate and review the organization’s logistics operation business practices; update and develop process documentation, streamline opportunities, and eliminate the non-value added services and develop key performance metrics. • Work closely with Corporate Customer Service Manager to forecast and prepare for increased demand on inventory and shipping capabilities. Work with site management transportation and shipping teams to meet those demands.
- Lead on-site and Corporate Logistics personnel in the negotiation of Carrier Agreements, freight modeling and daily Carrier & Logistics performance to meet organizations budgeted goals by site.
- Development of effective Logistics Scorecards and Dashboards to aid in measurement of the organizations Supply Chain performance.
- Ensure that effective and robust logistics related security, safety, and training programs are in place at each location.
- Development of quality assurance procedures and processes for inventory acceptance, storage, packing and shipping.
- Maintain the order flow of all products and oversee management of the customer delivery chain.
- Develop, monitor, and adjust minimums and maximums for inventory.
- Evaluate inventory levels regularly to accurately forecast changes to accommodate increased demands.
- Oversee management of sourcing, tracking and reception of products to and from sites.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in corporate level logistics management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ supervisory experience
- Minimum of a B.S. degree. APICS certification a plus.
- Proven track record of a strong business acumen for effectively managing costs. Anticipating market and customer opportunities and responding appropriately.
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple priorities and areas simultaneously.
- Effective in building solid working relationships with our partners, vendors, and customers.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills and ability to proactively solve problems.
- Geographical knowledge of major customer bases, competition, economic trends etc.
- Understanding continually evolving customer needs, responding proactively to meet needs and exceed expectations.
- Ability to achieve customer satisfaction with reasonable logistical solutions.
- Negotiation skills to expand company revenues by securing the best pricing from our product vendors and shipping partners, adjusting for increases in volume.
- Proficiency with computers and generating spreadsheets.