SVP of Sales & Marketing
This company has double digit growth! This is a dynamic, high growth environment with tons of upside. Must have experience with Ingredients or Sweetener products.
Job Purpose Summary:
This position is responsible for supporting the company’s growth through the leadership of a direct and indirect sales team. They would be responsible for the creation and execution of sales and marketing plans and initiatives. This is accomplished through strategic planning, continual sales growth of customer base and product volume at proper pricing and excellent customer service.
- Define the sales structure and lead sales effort on behalf of the company
- Establish sales plan that meets company financial objectives.
- Partner with management to determine marketing and capability strategies to maximize current customer business and identify new customers.
- Direct formulation, implementation and execution of customer service and costing practices.
- Create and implement sales strategies using all available tools, including market research, competitor analyses, and various trade venues.
- Develop and manage sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives.
- Work with executive staff to build 1 and 5 year sales goals and plans
- Create and oversee budgeting for Sales and Marketing organization.
- Develop and implement marketing strategy, using market research, competitor analysis, promotion and advertising, coordination with Sales and Operations, communications.
- Manages inside Sales Personnel and Marketing Personnel.
- Manage broker network.
- Manage the Sales and Marketing budget
- Liaison with the plants and customer service personnel
Minimum requirements and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, or related field.
- Must be able to demonstrate that they built/led a sales organization (structure and process) in the past.
- Previous Sales leadership position in Business to Business.
- Preference to someone who has worked in the food ingredient industry and has some familiarity with commodities.
- Preference for someone that worked in a smaller, high growth business setting.
- Previous Marketing leadership in Industrial Marketing, preferably in the food industry
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and initiatives and get results through others.
- Excellent communication / presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Sales and Service systems development and deployment
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Technical skills in strategic sales and marketing planning.
- Strong customer orientation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Travel estimated at 50% or more
- Travel dictated by how well the individual establishes his/her team.