Fast growing medium sized company is looking for an Engineering person who has experience leading plant construction and start-ups. Must have a history of leading such projects on time and on budget.
Directs and oversees the organization’s manufacturing/project and facilities engineering as well as EH&S for facilities in the US, and Canada. Develop project plans and scopes, directs outside contractors, coordinates and schedules projects, documenting and organizing all aspects including project schedule and costs. Provide environmental, health, and safety guidance to all facilities. Compliance to Federally mandated requirements from the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protected Agency (EPA), and local jurisdiction as they apply to a facility.
- Monitors and evaluates workflow and manufacturing methods and makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Collaborates with the Director of Operations and General Managers for each site with respect to the set-up of manufacturing processes and equipment for product flow.
- Works with Operations and Supply Chain to analyze the organization’s footprint to determine the most effective location for the company’ operations.
- Oversees site expansions and new site construction to ensure project completion within budget and predetermined timelines
- Manages a team of facilities/project engineers towards process improvement, equipment standardization, on-time and on budget Capital Project Implementation Responsible for capital budget and plant projects
- Lead Direct Report Safety professionals and site safety leadership towards industry leading safety culture and performance as measured by HS&E audits and world class TRIR.
- Develop, document and implement programs, policies, and procedures to ensure the facility is operated in a safe and compliant manner.
- Obtain required permits as mandated by EPA or authorized agency for compliant operation of a facility’s interaction with air, water or soil.
- Monitor/perform/report requirements of permit or regulation as mandated by EPA or authorized agency.
- Provide awareness and training information to workforce on environmental matters.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field with at least 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and manufacturing processes, including LEAN Manufacturing.
- Ability to read, analyze & interpret engineering drawings.
- Experience with capital budgets
- Experience with facilities construction aincluding permits and environmental implications
- Business acumen
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to develop technically, operationally and commercially. Previous experience in development and implementation of EHS programs for manufacturing organizations required.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations required.
- Candidates must also have strong project management and interpersonal skills.