Fast growing company with fantastic growth opportunities needs a leader for a large complex manufacturing plant. This company has grown by over a Billion dollars per year for the last 3 years!
- Must have a BS degree with a preference for Biology, Food Science, or Chemistry
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of quality leadership experience in a food or beverage plant
- Must have experience with either BRC or SQF
- Plan and execute strategic initiatives to expand the quality systems of our organization.
- Manage and direct all aspects of quality assurance to reach optimum quality and efficiency.
- Leads, develops and mentors a group of 6 Salaried and 40 hourly.
- Works with manufacturing management in improving and expanding our quality assurance procedures to reduce returns/complaints, reduce scrap, and provide follow-up activities on corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate Quality Systems.
- Assures compliance to in-house and/or external specifications and standards to include HACCP and GMP.
- Actively contributes to the data collection, trend analysis, investigation and improvements to processes, products and systems.
- Act as facility SQF Practitioner and perform verification and validation of SQF, Pre requisite and HACCP programs (QA Supervisor will assist as needed).
- Works with quality and manufacturing to create and/or modify methods and procedures to ensure that appropriate processes and/or products are developed, tests are conducted and that products, materials, and manufacturing equipment meet required standards.
- Designs, evaluates, implements and maintains quality assurance programs and systems for product and/or process development, manufacturing and testing to ensure product quality and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for release/disposition of product.
- Manage the day-to-day quality assurance of food products produced and shipped.
- Responsible for the implementation and management of the internal Quality Audit procedure and schedule.
- Tracks and initiates investigation of complaint trends. Manage product hold release programs.