Job Reference Code: 0157
Last Updated: 06/06/2016
The Plant Manager will report directly to the VP of Operations and is a member of the company’s management and food safety team. He/She is responsible for the overall coordination, functional management and leadership of all direct production activities at Skinner Baking. The Plant Manager provides leadership and management for the following areas: administration, production, processing operations, packaging operations, scheduling, sanitation, maintenance, quality assurance, purchasing, safety and environmental. The Plant Manager understands and complies with all food safety policies, procedures and programs as stated in the company’s Food Safety Manual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Plant Manager is responsible for leading and managing the Maintenance, Sanitation, Safety, and Operations depts.
- The Plant Manager is responsible for training and developing the production management team.
- The Plant Manager is responsible for reviewing production operating reports and drive operational improvements to meet company goals
- The Plant Manager will work closely with the Safety Manager to ensure all production personnel follow the plant safety guidelines.
- The Plant Manager is responsible for motivating his/her management team to accomplish company objectives concerning productivity, food safety, direct labor costs, material usage costs, minimizing downtime, throughputs and specific product quality standards.
- The Plant Manager is responsible for ensuring that the production facility complies with all city, county, state and federal regulations.
- The Plant Manager is responsible for coordinating with Production, Maintenance, Sanitation, and Quality Assurance to plan and schedule work to ensure food safety standards are upheld while maximizing productivity.
- The Plant Manager is responsible for collaborating with Quality Assurance to resolve food safety issues.
- The Plant Manager is responsible for recommending; process improvements, improved equipment design, improved process flow, and solutions concerning production related problems.
- The Plant Manager is responsible for being prepared and participating in all external plant audits and federal and local agency audits.
- The Plant Manager is expected to be a role model for the company culture.
- The incumbent understands and complies with all food safety policies, procedures and programs as stated in the Company’s Food Safety Manual.
- Participate as a functional member of the food safety team, and enforce the Food Safety Manual policies. This includes collaborating, leading and supporting Quality Assurance in order to resolve food safety issues.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the incumbent will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and classification of the position. Job descriptions should be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the position.
Experience & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in an applicable field preferred. Equal equivalent of experience would be considered.
- Five years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Exposure with managing a union environment is preferred.
- Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures required.
- AIB Science of Baking and HACCP certification is desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical experience
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, inventory and stewardship process.
- Strong project management, team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Able to interact, motivate and lead individuals at all levels.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, process and data driven orientation, knowledge of financial metrics and ability to effectively manage a plant wide budge.
- High degree of integrity and judgment.
- Ability to adapt to fluctuating schedules.