Environmental, Health Safety & Sustainability Manager
Job Reference Code: 0158
Last Updated: 06/10/2016
Great company, great people and great culture! Go to work for a fast growing, innovative food manufacturing company who has a better way of looking at business and the world!
• BS degree is required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in EHS in a food or beverage manufacturing company.
• Professional certification (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent where available) preferred.
• White board experience of developing EHS and Sustainability programs for a food manufacturing company/Plant.
• Develop a strong relationship and facilitate employee-led behavior-based safety process in a team based environment.
• Ability to manage/lead project teams, navigate challenging situations, and problem-solve.
• Have experience in the development and management of annual operating plans, operating budgets and analysis.
• Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions.
• Highly developed influencing, collaboration and relationship building skills.
• Strong influence management, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Experience in leading mid to large sized project teams, with proven record of successful project execution.
• Experience in working with Facilities and Manufacturing organizations is required.
• Knowledge of EPA, OSHA, applicable state & federal regulations.
• Experience identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS risks in the workplace.
• Knowledge of sustainable design & work practices.
• Understanding of Lockout-Tagout, Confined Space, Excavations, Arc Flash, Working with live electric, Rigging, Line Breaking, JSA’s, and similar.
• Up to 40% travel required.
The EHS&S Manager will provide leadership and support as the key environmental, health, safety & sustainability resource servicing the manufacturing facilities. This position will lead initiatives to deliver EHS&S improvements and support across the site operations to achieve company goals.
• Direct accountability for EHS&S performance at manufacturing facilities, innovation center & headquarters.
• Develop & implement EHS&S vision and strategy to support the company culture.
• Develop & manage EHS&S goals & metrics.
• Provide change leadership and talent development for each of the local manufacturing EHS teams.
• Serve as primary EHS&S interface with Corporate Risk Management, HR, Legal, and local Food Supply teams.
• Evaluate the environmental, safety and health compliance posture of the company's manufacturing operations on a periodic basis. Identify program strengths and weaknesses, specify corrective action, and work directly with the facilities to ensure compliance.
• Conduct regular environmental & safety audits, identify and evaluate hazards & compliance in the workplace and recommend solutions to minimize or eliminate risk.
• Proactively identify opportunities for improvement in all areas of safety and environmental compliance, including the facilitation of training.