Job Reference Code: 0164
Salary: $120K-$145K+25% Bonus
Last Updated: 07/15/2016
Industry leading food company is looking for a Plant Manager who understands how to lead change, developing people, process and systems. Great opportunities for growth, excellent relocation, benefits and compensation programs.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years of increasingly responsible manufacturing experience, at least 5 years which must be in the food industry.
• 4+ years of direct supervisory experience. Preference for Plant Manager experience, but may consider large Business Unit leadership experiences
• Demonstrated leadership of safety initiatives.
• Demonstrated track record leading the improvement of operations while delivering day to day performance.
• Familiarity with the operations of all plant departments: production, quality, maintenance, materials management, controllership, etc.
• Participative management style that involves and empowers teams and excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience building a strong management team.
• Strong business acumen and working knowledge process control and improvement tools.
This position is responsible for all activities that occur within the manufacturing facility. The Plant Manager operates effectively as a leader with direct responsibility for manufacturing and key support process operations. The Plant Manager leads through influence in a matrix organization in relation to additional functions that occur at the facility, such as shipping and distribution. The purpose of this position is to achieve continuous improvements in the areas of safety, quality efficiency, customer service and leadership so as to deliver the commitments of the plant.
• Oversee manufacturing operations.
• Lead the achievement of a zero injury workplace.
• With a focus on the front line and a bias for action, ensure associates have the tools resources and capabilities to succeed and deliver on expectations.
• Responsible for all aspects of production and achieving key performance measurements related to personnel safety, quality and food safety, service, and cost, while continually improving process reliability and performance.
• Build a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, and professionalism, demonstrating active support for the Company’s culture.
• Ability to establish a strategic vision and lead through floor communication to generate both short term and long term sustainable results
• Extend capabilities to meet market needs and support profitable growth of the products produced by the facility.
• Understand, coach and teach the principles of the company manufacturing Transformation, including lean tools, process capability and operational discipline.
• Build an organization that is customer focused, flexible, and has a strong business acumen.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations.