Food Quality Engineer
Job Reference Code: 0169
Last Updated: 08/01/2016
Market leading food manufacturer is in need of a talented Food Quality Engineer to develop and manage strong processes to aid in consistent delivery of product quality.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in a quality, continuous improvement and/or industrial engineering role with a food or beverage manufacturer.
• Experience using Continuous Improvement tools to improve processes, evaluate process capability and perform and / or facilitate root cause analyses that aid in the development of robust corrective and preventative actions.
• Bachelors Degree in Food Science, Biological Sciences, or Engineering Discipline.
• Develops processes with internal and external customers focused on driving product quality.
• Applies strong knowledge of QA, manufacturing, food safety and relevant regulations. Able to understand, train and execute quality policies.
• Collaborates with Quality Assurance leadership to execute on action plans and recommendations on major quality and food safety concerns.
• Understands Sensory evaluation and performs evaluations on and manufactured products.
• Review relevant customer and consumer complaint information, identify trends, help root cause and develop reports and based on manufacturing, supplier, and other customer data.
• Support test runs and quality improvement projects as needed. Able to conduct quality projects, understands DOE and sampling plans.
• Monitors manufacturing facilities producing product and verifying that Quality Food Safety Expectations are understood and are followed, that trends are proactively identified and that customer complaints are thoroughly investigated.
• Creation of product specifications and troubleshooting product or packaging issues. Uses Statistical Process controls and data to drive product quality improvements.
• May also be involved in audits of the supplier facilities and Quality / Food Safety Programs of Raw Material Suppliers to verify compliance with Quality / Food Safety Expectations and applicable Regulatory requirements.