Job Reference Code: 0171
Last Updated: 08/03/2016
Market leading food company is searching for a General Manager to be in charge of a 40 person facility. This could be a great opportunity to get Plant Manager level experience with a fast growing company!
• Minimum of 5 years leading a production team in food manufacturing
• Strong experience with lean programs and employee development
• In-depth knowledge of food or beverage production and supply chain
• Produce, perishables, short shelf life experience preferred
• Bachelors degree is required
The General Manager will be accountable for revenue, operating expenses, quality and for the operation of the entire facility. This includes production (WIP and people) planning and reporting, plant performance, supply chain, logistics and labor management, balancing inputs, throughput & demand and facilities safety and maintenance.
• Will lead our efforts to be a lean organization and will guide us through kaizen activities to improve system efficiencies. Candidates should have been trained in a performance-based organization.
• The culture of the organization should have a heavy emphasis on training as part of employee development.