Cost Accounting Manager
Job Reference Code: 0185
Last Updated: 10/17/2016
Rapidly growing food manufacturer needs a highly experienced cost accounting manager to help drive efficiencies and growth.
- Hands-on self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Must have 5 to 10 years of manufacturing cost accounting experience
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Accounting designation preferred (CCA/CMA)
- Team player who excels at and is comfortable collaborating on the plant floor
This position reports to the VP of Administration and is responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of the Company’s standard costs utilized for financial reporting and inventory valuation purposes. Additional responsibilities include the maintenance of Bill of Materials for all products and working closely with the sales and marketing functions to quantify and evaluate new business proposals and new product opportunities. The successful candidate will be responsive to the financial information needs of other functions.
- With updates and assistance from Operations, R&D and Purchasing departments, maintain accurate standard cost records for all raw materials, packaging items and finished goods inventory items.
- Maintain the applicable BOM records for all existing and new products.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing departments to quantify and evaluate estimated profitability for new business proposals and new product opportunities.
- Prepare monthly reports that compare actual plant costs to standard costs with explanations regarding significant variances.
- Assist the VP of Administration and Chief Financial Officer in the preparation of annual budgets for pertinent P&L line items.
- Develop plan and timeline to perform activity-based costing analysis for all finished products.
- Support other functions in routine and special projects analysis to improve the profitability of the business.
- Assist in justification analysis for sourcing decisions and capital investments.
- Become thoroughly familiar with all facets of the production process and as applicable, suggest improvements that will improve profitability through higher yields, improved efficiencies and lower labor and overhead costs.