Director of Operations
Job Reference Code: 0187
Salary: $150K-$190K + 20% Bonus & LTI
Last Updated: 10/26/2016
This role is the Site leader and will provide overall leadership and direction for all plant operations to achieve continuously improving results in safety, quality, service, and cost performance. Functional direct reports are in manufacturing and Packaging Operations, Planning, Warehouse, Quality, and Maintenance. HR, Safety, and Finance are indirect reports but members of the Leadership Team. This position reports to: Senior Vice President of Supply Chain.
What you’ll do:
- Create and communicate a clear vision for the future to inspire and drive the plant to achieve and surpass business goals and objectives (Safety, Quality, Service, and Performance). Engage the leadership team and entire workforce to maximize plant productivity and employee engagement, building from the company Values.
- Develop strategies to support growth while driving the site Lean Journey. Owner of the plant financial operating and capital budgets, delivering YOY savings through cost saving initiatives. Drives improvements through continuous improvement, LSS, and TPM initiatives. Work with site leadership team and Engineering to define and manage the Capital budget in support of the plant strategic plan.
- Ensure leadership team actively builds Talent Action plans focused on growing talent internally first and, when appropriate, selectively increasing bench strength with external hires. Provides direction, development, evaluation, coaching and leadership to the plant team.
- Ensure the site Lean Journey captures opportunities for advancing Environmental/Sustainability goals. Accountable for assuring site compliance with EHS Policies and support the facility safety, environmental and health programs. Actively works to develop strong relationships with external parties including government agencies, vendors, and insurance companies. Ensure compliance with SQF and GMP practices and with all federal, state and local laws and company policies.
- Work collaboratively with functional leaders to drive efficiencies across the broader supply chain.
- Continually assesses the performance and skills of the plant team, holds others accountable and supports development through stretch assignments and projects.
- Serves as a coach, mentor, teacher and student.
- Ensure compliance with HACCP and applicable pre-requisite programs and with all federal, state and local laws and company policies.
- Understanding of FDA/TTB regulations, as well as PRP’s, HACCP, GMP, GFSI, FSMA.
What we’re looking for:
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Desired: MBA or other applicable advanced degree
- Bachelor’s Degree required - Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or Food Science preferred, from an accredited institution.
- 15 years of progressive experience in a similar role in a Manufacturing environment in the Food, Chemical or Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Proven track record in delivering best in class manufacturing to support commercial activities.
- Understanding of USDA/FDA regulations, as well as HACCP, GMP’s, SOP’s, AIB, Organic, and Hazard Analysis.
- Strong Financial acumen and proven project manager.
- Prepare and administer large and complex budget
- Likes autonomy and is proactive – takes ownership and is proactive in driving the plant management team to deliver to stated goals.
- Building effective teams – invests time to build a talented team in key roles.
- Relationship builder with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Results driven – is focused and driven to deliver agreed targets on revenue and margin.
- Shared Company Ethics and Values.
- Listening Skills.
- Expert-level problem Solving and Analytical Skills.
- Plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines.
- The constant physical demands of the position are sitting, walking, talking, and hearing.
- The occasional physical demands of the position are standing, handling, grasping, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
- There is frequent exposure to extreme cold, extreme heat, temperature changes, industrial noises, and occasional exposure to wet conditions and changes in atmospheric conditions.
A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match, and a competitive compensation package.