Regional Director of Distribution
Job Reference Code: 0189
Salary: $100K-$125K + 20% Bonus
Last Updated: 11/10/2016
Explosive growth company is looking for a Regional Director of Distribution.
- BS degree with a preference for an MBA
- 15+ years of appropriate business experience, and be a seasoned leader with a hands-on management style. This is a lean corporate team in a fast growth company so this executive must be effective working “two levels up and two levels down” in the organization.
- Will have demonstrated success leading operations, logistics, warehouse management, distribution and / or supply chain in a large, complex, publicly traded business.
- Past responsibility for assessing an organization’s productivity then developing and implementing appropriate best practices and policies across the company.
- Adept at integrating disparate operations into a well-managed efficiently run business. Track record of partnering with the executive team to drive operating and financial performance of the company.
- Detail oriented with a proven ability to understand the operational drivers of a business and its products, markets and appropriate staffing levels.
- Strong B2B experience with a retail and/or distribution service orientation that relies heavily upon personal relationships and service reliability.
- Competency in developing strategic plans, as well as directing tactical execution; strong project management skills.
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting.
The Regional Director of Distribution role is responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the Region and in conjunction with the VP Operations to develop and implement the overall strategy of the organization. The Company is looking for a hands-on, growth and finance focused, employee team oriented, proven business professional to fill the position. The chosen candidate must understand the importance of leading a company by being an open communicator, maintaining an environment that supports teamwork, continuous improvement and innovation while maintaining high levels of expectations for performance and the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Execute on timely basis strategies, tactics, and actions aimed at achieving aggressive company goals and objectives for revenue growth, profit, as well as, employee and customer satisfaction.
- Challenge the status quo and set the tone for excellence in the operations organization. Work with VP Operations to recommend and implement best practices and policies that will establish a high standard for performance and allow the business to scale with future acquisitions.
- Work with VP Operations to develop, review and approve the operating plans and capital budgets submitted by the direct reports, with a keen interest in implementing internal “best practice” operational processes and targeted business growth initiatives.
- Collaborate with VP Operations to standardize and drive Continuous Improvement methods throughout the organization and the asset base by planning, leading, and facilitating a unified and seamless implementation of the improvement philosophies of the Company. Aggressive productivity improvement plans.
- Develop and oversee the execution of “best in class” operations/logistics/transportation services and solutions.
- Oversee the safety, training and non-inventory procurement areas. Understand how to assess the strength of the current operations and recommend improvements.
- In close partnership with the VP Operations plus working with the regional SVP Sales & Marketing, support the development and implementation of strategies to integrate and standardize the operations of the company. This will include logistics, inventory and warehouse management, safety / training, and non-inventory procurement. Build and manage the Operations infrastructure required to effectively and efficiently support significant growth.