Senior Manager of Procurement
Job Reference Code: 0192
Salary: $100K-$125K + 30% Bonus
Last Updated: 11/18/2016
Stable company with rich history and leading brand name in the Industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 7 years Procurement or related experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Strategic thought leadership with the skill to lead change - implement improvements through collaborative engagement with suppliers and internal partners.
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work independently and articulate sound business recommendations.
- Good understanding of Supply Chain functionality, including Manufacturing, Logistics, and Distribution.
- Working knowledge of contract law, government policies and regulations for the food industry.
- Strong negotiation skills, both externally with suppliers and internally across departments.
- 20% travel is required.
- Experience in the Retail sector is preferred.
This position is responsible for the category management of raw ingredients including almonds, pecans, walnuts, peanuts, cashews, and others. This position requires a deep understanding of agricultural commodities: factors that affect chemical and physical product changes, the impact of global and domestic supply and demand, competitive environments, cost structures, and other critical influences. Category management includes ownership of ensuring supply, executing risk management strategies, managing supplier relationships, strategic sourcing, contracting, specification management, and delivery of budget goals and cost savings targets.
- Ensure supply through continual communication with internal partners, including Production, Packing, Warehouse, R&D, and QA departments.
- Maintain demand and supply requirements for all Nutmeats. Prepare schedules that meet internal department requirements, and in consideration of internal cold storage space constraints, as well as shelf life limitations.
- In conjunction with the Buyer, develop forecasts and proposed schedules for the contracting of Nutmeats, as it pertains to co-manufactured products.
- Develop and present risk management strategies and coverage recommendations within the framework of company objectives, paired with the monitoring and analysis of commodity market activities.
- Act as the primary contact for suppliers and internal partners for assigned categories. This includes working with suppliers and relevant departments on the resolution of quality issues and other issues/projects pertaining to assigned categories.
- Develop category strategies that include strategic sourcing timelines. Also develop contingency plans to ensure we have multiple supply options to support our manufacturing and marketing needs. Identify and qualify new suppliers are necessary.
- For key suppliers and categories, develop and negotiate contract agreements to cover supply requirements.
- Own the Procurement process for the control of rejected inventory, ensuring the link between Accounting and QA is functioning properly. Train all team members on approved process and ensure compliance.
- Process purchase orders and contracts in an automated purchasing system. Maintain accurate purchase, price, and total cost data on applicable company systems.
- Responsible for supporting the Raw Material budget process and providing all inputs as necessary.
- Identify and execute cost savings initiatives that support the overall department goal. Partner with suppliers to continually improve quality, price, and service.