Job Reference Code: 0197
Salary: $90K-$110K + 20% Bonus
Last Updated: 12/16/2016
Fantastic company with a great culture and work environment. Strong compensation, benefits and relocation programs.
- B.S. in Food Science or related technical science degree required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading quality programs in a food manufacturing plant
- Prior demonstrated experience successfully implementing quality tools and concepts (SPC, TQM, HACCP, BRC, TPM).
- Experience in supervising, coaching, and training of others required.
- A leader who is involved with production out in the plant to solve problems and improve processes, with the highest integrity.
- Understands the balance of individual, customer and business needs.
- Empowered leader i.e. sharing of power and knowledge, good listener.
- Results oriented.
The Quality Assurance Manager will lead the plant efforts for assuring that products/processes meet and exceed customer and regulatory requirements to include product quality attributes and food safety. Ensure successful launch of products through the commercialization process at the facility. This job requires hands-on involvement in the Q.A. lab and on the production floor, as well as the ability to lead and develop team members.
- Identify quality improvement opportunities and implement solutions in a proactive and data driven (SPC) approach within a team based environment.
- Plan and prioritize QA activities to meet or exceed customer standards and expectations.
- Maintain food safety, food defense and regulatory compliance (HACCP, GMP, MSDS, allergens, pest control, microbial surveillance, metal detection, weight control, etc.)
- Development, implementation and compliance of FSMA programs
- Be a technical resource for internal partners, customers and suppliers in relation to product quality and food safety.
- Coordinate all plant inspections (FDA, 3rd party, Kosher, internal audit, customer audits) and implement corrective action plans as appropriate.
- Investigate and problem solve customer complaints related to product quality and food safety.
- Facilitate ongoing training and employee education in quality tools and preventative sanitation techniques.
- Establish and maintain budget and staffing levels.
- Develop performance skills and attributes of team members.
- Partner with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Logistics and R&D to assure seamless transition in product commercialization and new equipment design.
- Manage other various programs throughout the plant to include methods development, sampling strategy, waste management, master sanitation schedule, and chemical safety practices.
- Member of the site planning and leadership teams.
- Ensure effective networking and benchmarking across all manufacturing sites and Quality support functions.
- Manage Commercialization of products at the Plant.