Procurement Manager - Dairy
Job Reference Code: 0213
Salary: $100K-$120K+10% Bonus
Last Updated: 02/01/2017
Growing company is in need of a seasoned procurement professional who has experience purchasing dairy products.
- Minimum of 7 Years of Procurement Management or Diverse Supply Chain Management with five in a dairy position
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or other related degree.
- Must be familiar with market pricing models
- Involvement in dairy industry trade association preferred
- Experience in Dairy Commodity Hedging preferred
- Certified Purchasing Manager designation is preferred
- Working knowledge of operational purchasing, strategic sourcing, raw materials & indirect goods and services is required
- Purchasing know-how and mastering the Strategic Sourcing Process (supplier industry analysis, supplier selection, fact-based negotiations, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in negotiation strategies and tactics
- Knowledge of SAP, SAP SRM or similar ERP system required
The Dairy Procurement Manager will develop and present raw material sourcing strategies and cost reduction objectives which satisfy the requirements of the company.
- Create an environment of strategic partnerships with vendors to seek mutual cost reduction and optimization opportunities.
- Recognize and appropriately act upon supplier development opportunities.
- The Dairy Procurement Manager will manage Supplier Performance (Quality, Punctuality, Lead time compliance & service) and facilitate Major Non-Conformance closure (delivery and quality).
- Support new product introductions by working with R&D; source new items, communicating new product volumes with vendors.
- The Diary Procurement Manager will develop close working relationships and active dialogue with internal customers and departments such as quality, supply chain, and finance.