Facilities Engineering Manager
Job Reference Code: 0217
Last Updated: 02/27/2017
We are a rapidly expanding food and beverage company seeking an Engineering & Facilities Manager that will direct, supervise and be accountable for MEP programs, projects, strategic initiatives, and vendor relationships, while providing direction to the engineering & maintenance staff to provide the highest executional effectiveness to support the company’s business.
Description of Responsibilities
- Operate and maintain a world class food manufacturing facility and all associated state of the art equipment including, but not limited to, environmental/mechanical (water chillers, cooling towers, pumps, boilers, heat exchange air handling equipment, fans, automatic temperature controls), electrical ( switch gear, distribution switch boards, controllers and panels),safety (sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, valves) and, plumbing fixtures.
- Utilize in-depth building management experience to assure all systems operate as designed, and, when appropriate, recommend changes in programing/procedures, to the Engineering Department in an effort to improve efficiencies of operating systems and enhance the comfort of staff.
- Identify building, electrical, plumbing and/or mechanical safety issues and report same to the Engineering Department. Take appropriate corrective action as directed to ensure compliance with established safety procedures.
- Utilize extensive building management experience to inspect, maintain, repair, install, troubleshoot and/or modify:
- Electrical/electronic systems, circuits and equipment.
- Stationery equipment including refrigeration equipment, air compressors, boilers, heat pumps, air handling units and other HVAC equipment.
- Control systems and programming
- Plumbing fixtures and systems for heating, domestic water, storage tanks and drainage systems.
- Perform general building maintenance and repairs to elevators, lighting, locks, ceiling tiles, carpet, wall coverings, etc.
- Coordinate the activities of outside contractors to ensure quality standards are maintained
- Respond promptly to customer service requests, diagnose and initiate corrective action, and follow up to assure customer satisfaction
- Read, write, annotate, and interpret construction documents: blueprints, specifications, cut sheets, safety rules, and operating and maintenance SOPs.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records as required.
- Identify opportunities to operate the facility more efficiently.
- As required, develop scope, solicit bids, coordinate and monitor construction, maintenance and repair projects.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records as required for various facilities record keeping requirements. Proactively record all faults, deficiencies and other unusual occurrences.
- Quarterly audits on major utility assets
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related course study; preferred but not required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in facilities engineering and management
- Job may also require occasional weekend/evening work supporting a 24-hour/7 day operation.
- Working knowledge of Auto-CAD.
- Working knowledge of PLC, RS Logix and Wonderware.
- Working knowledge of maintenance management, CMMS’s, root cause & problem solving.
- Familiarity with high speed food manufacturing processes related to Chocolate, fruit flavors, drink bases, or confectionary desirable but not required.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and an aptitude for detail and strong organizational abilities a must.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills with customers (internal and external) and vendors