Job Reference Code: 0224
Salary: $90K-$110K+10% Bonus
Last Updated: 03/24/2017
Growing company who is investing heavily for the future. This company recently built two new manufacturing plants and are now seeking a strong number two person who can serve as bench strength for future Plant Manager opportunities. We are willing to consider candidates who have experience supervising supervisors in production. This is a great building block as it will afford the candidate the opportunity to manage multiple departments over all shifts of the operation.
- BS Degree is required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading production in a food or beverage manufacturing plant
- Experience with TPM, Lean Manufacturing, WCM or other robust continuous improvement programs
- Must have experience leading change
- Leading production improvement through the use of KPI's
- Demonstrated leadership experience, as well as building teams and the ability to work well with in a diverse culture.
- Successful track record of achieving budgeted results while improving operations.
- Demonstrated skill in coaching, motivating and team development.
Responsible for safe, efficient, and sanitary plant operations. This position will lead the manufacturing, maintenance, CI, purchasing, scheduling and QA team activities and promote a well-trained and motivated team. The Manufacturing Manager will ensure that our customers consistently receive product at the quality level expected.
- Leads the plant operations managers, team leaders and team members in the manufacture of multiple lines of production across multiple shifts of operation
- Leads human safety and food safety initiatives
- Tracks key indicators of the production team’s performance including safety, efficiency, waste, downtime, labor costs, and industrial accidents and communicating these indicators to the team for corrective action
- Recognizes areas of needed performance improvements.
- Supervise and motivates team members by setting a good example with regard to attitude, work quality, safe practices, attendance, follow-through and organization
- Expertly trains or arranges training for assigned personnel on production-related topics
- Monitor performance and provides vacation approval for managers
- Mentor and coach manufacturing managers and team leaders on improving performance
- Provide performance counseling as needed