Senior Procurement Manager
Job Reference Code: 0226
Last Updated: 03/24/2017
This work environment is fast-paced yet informal; work hard yet have fun together. If you are smart, motivated and looking for a new challenge, you should consider this opportunity! This is a growing, entrepreneurial-spirited organization seeking to add to its diverse team of committed and innovative professionals.
The role reports directly to the VP of Operations. This is an opportunity within itself as the VP is looking for someone who he can continue to develop and mentor to create bench strength within his organization. He is a 25-year veteran who can offer valuable mentoring for your career!
This person will be responsible for all raw materials, ingredient and packaging procurement activities for the company. It requires someone with the ability to interact effectively with senior management, manufacturing/operations, planning, and finance as well as be the owner of all supplier relationships. Responsibilities include development and implementation of all the purchasing for our raw materials and packaging. Materials procured include beef, pork, poultry, dry ingredients, spices and oils as well as finished goods packaging materials. The position requires an understanding of agricultural markets and the ability to implement strategies to buy these materials. This leader must be able to suggest process improvements and strengthen communication channels with other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum of 5 years procurement experience supporting food manufacturing
- Preferred 2 years of experience in meat and poultry buying
- Knowledgeable with freight purchasing, warehousing and logistics
- Must be highly proficient in using ERP systems and Microsoft Office programs
- Must possess strong communications skills, strong project management skills and strong negotiation skills
- Must understand analysis and forecasts of various commodity markets
- Food commodity trading a plus
- Capable of exercising sound judgment and making effective decisions.