Assistant Plant Manager
Job Reference Code: 0232
Salary: $100K-$125K + 8%Bonus
Last Updated: 05/02/2017
Fast growing baking company seeking an Assistant Plant Manager! This is a developmental role with a plan to guide this candidate to the Plant Manager level.
- BS degree required, Engineering preferred
- 8 years experience in Food MFG, 5 years in management
- Lean manufacturing mindset
- Development of direct reports across 3 shifts
- SQF, HACCP experience a plus
- Dedication to driving for results
Responsible for safe, efficient, and sanitary plant operations. This position will lead the manufacturing, maintenance, CI, purchasing, scheduling and QA team activities and promote a well trained and motivated team. The Manufacturing Manager will ensure that our customers consistently receive product at the quality level expected.
- Leads the plant supervisors, team leaders and team members in the manufacture of multiple lines of production across multiple shifts of operation
- Leads human safety and food safety initiatives
- Tracks key indicators of the production team’s performance including safety, efficiency, waste, downtime, labor costs, and industrial accidents and communicating these indicators to the team for corrective action
- Recognizes areas of needed performance improvements.
- Supervise and motivates team members by setting a good example with regard to attitude, work quality, safe practices, attendance, follow-through and organization
- Expertly trains or arranges training for assigned personnel on production-related topics
- Monitor performance and provides vacation approval for managers
- Mentor and coach manufacturing managers and team leaders on improving performance
- Provide performance counseling as needed