Food Safety & Quality Manager
Job Reference Code: 0236
Last Updated: 05/24/2017
Strong privately held company with a rich history and strong brand name.
- BS degree is required with a preference for Food Science, Biology or Chemistry
- 5-7 years’ or more of FS&Q experience with food or beverage products
- Understanding of the standards of Food Safety and Quality such as HACCP, SQF, BRC, FSMA
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to top management or public groups.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience as Project Leader and cross-functional team participant.
- Self-directed and possesses the maturity commensurate with being an effective leader.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control and Analysis.
- Ability to lead, train, motivate, coach and develop individuals and teams
This role is responsible for the company Quality System ensuring continuous improvement in Food Safety & Quality requirements by following company standards and all regulatory compliance. The position will collaborate with plant leadership as well as corporate Food Safety & Quality team for the implementation, verification as well as validation and continual improvement of company Quality systems, Food safety Programs and Food Defense Plans utilizing the guidelines of GFSI, SQF Certification and the FDA. This position will serve all food quality and safety issues for the Plant. The Plant Food Safety & Quality Manager will be a passionate advocate for company branded products ensuring our customers can always enjoy our products with full confidence and satisfaction. Serves as Food Safety and Quality (FS&Q) System/Pillar Leader and is the primary Quality resource for the Plant and key driver of company Food Safety & Quality continual improvement and Regulatory Compliance. Lead HACCP, SQF, Organic certification and regulatory compliance.