Senior Manager of Quality & Food Safety
Job Reference Code: 0241
Last Updated: 06/21/2017
Growing food manufacturing company is looking for a Technical Services Manager. Great culture, nice work environment, excellent leadership and strong benefits and compensation programs!
- BS Degree is required with a preference for Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or other Science degree.
- Must have experience managing Quality and Sanitation Departments
- Minimum of 10 years of experience is required
- Strong leadership and development of people
- Track record of developing a culture of Food Safety and Quality
- Working knowledge of HACCP, BRC, SQF and FSMA
- A leader who is involved with production out in the plant to solve problems and improve processes, with the highest integrity
- Understands the balance of individual, customer and business needs
- Strong continuous improvement experience and understanding of SPC
Leadership and development of Quality and Sanitation departments with 8 salaried and approximately 25-30 hourly. Leads and develops all quality programs and systems for the entire facility. Participates as a part of the Plant Leadership and Planning team. Develops and implements Food Safety and Quality programs that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Lead technical resource for internal customers, outside customers and suppliers in relation to product quality and food safety
- Coordinates with the Quality Manager on all plant inspections and implements corrective action plans as appropriate
- Investigates and problem solves customer complaints related to product quality and food safety
- Facilitates ongoing training and employee education in quality tools and preventative sanitation techniques
- Establishes and maintains budget and staffing levels