Job Reference Code: 0252
Last Updated: 07/18/2017
Fast growing company with a truly outstanding culture. This is a true #2 role and a bench strength position within the organization.
- BS degree is required
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading operations in a food manufacturing plant
- Must have experience managing managers
- Track record of developing people
- Strong change management skills
- Implementation of continuous improvement tools and techniques (Lean/Six Sigma, 5S, TQM, Visual Management) required.
- Knowledge of SQF and GMP requirements for a food facility are essential.
- Demonstrated coaching, delegating, facilitating skills.
- This position has 4 Managers reporting directly with 12 supervisors and approximately 150 hourly reporting indirectly.
- Organizes and directs the manufacturing operations to achieve the most effective return on assets.
- Provides leadership to multiple direct reports and coaches behavior to engage workforce in continuous improvement efforts.
- Initiates plans and processes to improve quality and safety, increase efficiency, and deliver superior service using visual management tools.
- Supports, implements, and maintains food safety practices as required through SQF.
- Responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.
- Actively leads, prioritizes, and reviews all production activities to achieve safety, quality, inventory, and financial targets.
- Pinpoints and reinforces appropriate performance behaviors for direct reports through visual management tools and personal feedback.
- Prioritizes and directs Lean/Six Sigma projects to improve OEE performance for production lines in business unit.
- Develops relationships with key resources from other departments to execute: