Vice President & General Manager
Job Reference Code: 0264
Salary: $200K-$240K+40%Bonus & LTI
Last Updated: 09/11/2017
Fast growing food company is searching for a talented Vice President & General Manager.
- BS degree is required with a preference for an MBA
- Minimum of 15 years progressive manufacturing operations experience in food or beverage manufacturing
- Proven experience developing standardized work systems and processes
- Strong CI background with experience implementing Lean, TPM or similar CI programs
- Track record of developing a leadership team
- Knowledge of GFSI, USDA, OSHA, FDA, and HACCP required
- Must have a hands-on approach
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of production systems and food manufacturing processes and the ability to contribute to the manufacturability of new and/or redesigned product offerings
- Plant Start-up experience is heavily preferred
Responsible for manufacturing operations to include, but not limited to, food production, strategic planning, supply chain \ management and associate development. Develop operational plans to increase sales and meet customer expectations; identify and access internal and external production demands and forecasting requirements. Work in partnership with the management team to oversee the manufacturing operations in a productive and cost efficient manner.
- Set the strategic direction for manufacturing operations including but not limited to production manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, maintenance/engineering, quality control, safety, procurement, customer service, etc. Work with cross-functional departments within manufacturing, distribution and service centers and management teams as it relates to the manufacturing operations.
- Responsible for the manufacturing operations P&L cost center(s) to include, but limited to, expense and capital budgeting, planning, inventory (asset and product), cost controls, revenue and productivity objectives, and operational execution. Make recommendations for new technology and equipment expenditures.
- Maintain company records related to process work flows, recipes, equipment maintenance, etc. and ensure facility compliance with legal regulatory agency guidelines and laws (i.e., USDA, OSHA, FDA), as well as Company policy, procedures and guidelines.
- Accountable to establish and/or ensure adherence to Company practices and procedures. Maintain strict compliance to the Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), ensure orders meet specification and quality standards and audit programs to ensure adherence to processes to include, but not limited to, quality control, handling of food products, packaging, inventory, safety, training, facility maintenance, and proper utilization and maintenance of equipment.
- Establish and/or maintain expected production and service standards and related KPI metrics; develop and execute operational planning to drive standardization, productivity improvement and equipment utilization and to achieve operational objectives while ensuring cost effectiveness, timeliness, accuracy, product quality and safety.
- Maintain effective relationships and collaborate with cross-functional areas (i.e., Quality Assurance, Distribution, Sales, Finance, Human Resources, IT, etc.) to support manufacturing operations.
- Responsible for department management including staffing, training, performance management and career development of associates, and developing and monitoring department goals. Develop and monitor department budget as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of legal regulations, industry trends and best Manufacturing/Food Processing practices; evaluate business operations and technology, make recommendations to improve current programs and processes and to ensure company legal compliance and implement approved changes to processes and/or technology.