Job Reference Code: 0266
Salary: $120K-$150K+20% Bonus & LTI
Last Updated: 09/27/2017
Great opportunity to join an industry leader as a Plant Manager of a large plant making food products.
- BS degree is required
- Minimum10 years manufacturing experience in Food
- Plant leadership of a Food Manufacturing plant
- Manufacturing, Processing or Packaging industry with specific experience in food production
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience strongly desired
- Results-driven with a strong desire to grow and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding targets goals
Manages, directs and coordinates overall plant operations. Ensures safety, continuous improvement, quality, cost, customer service, and production objectives are met or exceeded. Provides coaching and leadership to team members in the areas of safety, continuous improvement, productivity, quality, cost, equipment reliability, and employee engagement. Success relies on ability to build relationships and fully engage all employees in business improvement. Performance will be managed by the following critical metrics: lower conversion cost year over year, asset reliability, successful retention of key certifications in food safety, quality and organics, reduced total recordable injury rates, improved yields, employee retention and turnover, case fill rate and on time delivery.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety policies/protocols and promote a safety culture.
- Lead the development, execution and monitoring of the operations strategy in line with the overall operational objectives to achieve performance, quality, and safety improvement and ensure achievement of manufacturing goals.
- Assist in the development of operational and capital budgets, policies and procedures, and the execution of same.
- Utilize available data including OEE, line speed target, and efficiency and process data to continuously improve productivity, uptime and reliability.
- Continually coach, direct and train employees utilizing Lean principles. Monitor employees' work performance and attitude and perform formal reviews as required by policy. Coach and counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job skill deficiencies.
- Ensure all plant personnel are operating in compliance with plant and corporate procedures as well as in compliance with all customer and governmental regulations.
- Lead the continuous improvement program to deliver opportunities in cost, quality, food safety and service.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment.
- Conduct regular meetings with plant personnel to ensure operational issues are being communicated and addressed expediently with a common understanding of goals.
- Drive employee engagement, training and development to maximize safety, quality, and productivity.