Director of Business Development
Job Reference Code: 0273
Salary: $140K-$170K+20% Bonus
Last Updated: 10/04/2017
We have been retained to search for an entrepreneurial individual who is creative, innovative and adaptable. This person will be the driving force for growing the sales of a dynamic fresh food business! Ground floor opportunity with a company who is expanding into a new segment of the food industry. Terrific opportunity to make a huge impact on a business in one of the fastest growing segments in the food industry. Great culture, work environment, people as well as outstanding benefits and compensation. Come be a part of an energetic team who is committed to success!!
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in food or beverage sales / business development
- Experience with needs based selling to food service, grocery, convenience stores, industrial or hospitality
- Track record of finding ways to service new and existing customers by solving problems with creative product ideas
- Product experience with fresh food, produce, specialty pre-cut produce or fresh frozen entrée’s
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent customer service skills with interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage strategic sales initiatives and to influence and build relationships with people across all the levels of the organization. both internally and externally
- Strong financial, analytical. organization, time management and prioritization skills Strong leadership, negotiation, decision making and business acumen skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of industry and industry trends. Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Ability to travel up to 75%.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
Responsible for customer accounts and manage key customers and vendors accounts directly; visit key customers on an on-going basis to maintain positive customer relations and ensure the Company meets and/or exceeds customer satisfaction ratings. Participate in strategic decision-making with senior team members. Participate in assigned division operations review meetings to establish sales objectives and business development strategies to establish or modify sales plans to achieve desired retention and business growth objectives, and oversee department at risk inventory disposition.
- Lead the development and maintenance of sales plans for the assigned business unit Oversee and/or participate in sales planning, execution of sales, marketing plans and development of new business with new customers
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with current and potential vendors/customers
- Coach business development and customer service teams(s) to achieve sales volumes and margin growth and to ensure outstanding customer service.
- Direct and coordinate the preparation, negotiation and management of new business contracts
- Review and approve contractual documents (company protection, specifications. requirements. adherence to company policies/practices, etc.) Advise management of contractual rights and obligations and provide interpretation of terms and conditions as necessary.
- Direct, manage and coordinate business development to include business relationships and driving growth and value from prospective and current costumers.
- Responsible for department management including staffing, training, performance management and career development of associates, and developing and monitoring department goals Develop and monitor department budget as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and best practices; make recommendations to improve current programs and processes.
- Developing Self and Others - Ensures that the organization has the skills and talent needed to be successful; hires and assembles highly talented staff; drives the development system within the organization; continues to develop oneself.
- Customer Focus - Establishes relationships both internal and external to the organization; represents the organization in a positive light to both internal and external parties; sets the tone and culture around integrity and trust; uses information from customers to drive business decisions.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Makes decisions in line with the strategy and with a broad view to the future; takes into account all relevant information; involves others as needed.
- Communication - Communicates the strategy in a compelling manner; is able to motivate organizations; is clear and succinct when presenting ideas; can manage the dynamics of group presentations.
- Innovation & Change Management - Owns and drives innovative and creative initiatives; makes decisions around what creative ideas will and won't work; pursues needed changes with energy; remains composed in the face of resistance and challenges. Assures metrics are in place to track improvements.
- Collaboration and Teamwork - Understands the role and interrelationships of each functional area; assures collaboration and synergy across areas; models effective cross-functional navigation.
- Business Knowledge - Understands the competition; takes a longer-term view of the business; has broad, multi• disciplinary business knowledge; creates effective strategies; assures groups within his/her area remain current in their functional expertise.
- Results Orientation - Delivers long-term value to stakeholders; places company success ahead of personal gain; works to do what is best for everyone in the organization; organizes resources to accomplish corporate objectives. Holds self and others accountable.