Continuous Improvement Manager
Job Reference Code: 0274
Salary: $80K-$100K + 10% Bonus
Last Updated: 10/09/2017
Brand new plant in a growing company! Excellent culture, great people and outstanding compensation and benefits!!
Responsible to oversee and manage the development, implementation, integration, of continuous improvement tools, practices and initiatives for the Company. Work closely with senior leadership and management to drive continuous improvement in existing and newly launched manufacturing operations.
- Bachelor's Degree (Required) Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Five (5) years’ Experience in developing, implementing, and training in production and process improvement initiatives within the context of Lean required, preferably in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Certification in one or more types of Lean process improvement methodology (such as TPS,TPM, TQM, Six Sigma, Kanban, Kaizen, SPC, DOE,5S) preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work with various levels within the organization, including senior leadership and management with a demonstrated ability to drive consensus across different functional teams to optimize manufacturing operations.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong project management skills.
- Must have technical and business knowledge to resolve the complex questions and issues.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of engineering principles and techniques related to food manufacturing needed.
- CAD design and simulation software experience needed.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Responsible to oversee and manage the development, implementation, integration, of continuous improvement tools, practices and initiatives for the Company. Work closely with senior leadership and management to drive continuous improvement in existing and newly launched manufacturing operations.
- Provide on-site consultation and training to department heads and senior management team to assist them in understanding and using methods and tools for managing resources, such as labor, equipment and supply, space, and other assets, more efficiently.
- Support managers by providing timely and accurate productivity and operational benchmarking in order to help identify opportunities for improvement; organize resources, select and implement the appropriate improvement methodology and ensure projects are conducted successfully.
- Analyze resource utilization data and compare to available internal/external benchmarking data to develop recommendations for effective resources utilization and allocation.
- Collect data from existing databases or through observations and provides analyses and recommendations on existing or new operational processes.
- Work in collaboration with senior leadership and management to improve/optimize processes, increase productivity and operational efficiency, and improve product flow and organizational capacity.
- Oversee the development of curriculum and conduct education and training in process improvement and productivity enhancement methodologies to project teams, department management, etc. Provide group facilitation as well as individual coaching to mitigate specific skill gaps.
- Lead or facilitate process and performance improvement activities/events using proper improvement methodologies. Collect, record, and document lessons learned in order to provide insight to leadership.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal departments and a network of technical resources. Identify roadblocks and barriers that hinder the progress of improvement efforts and provide appropriate solution recommendations. Monitor and intervene to assure progress, continually assessing team dynamics and providing conflict resolution as needed
- Support the success of operational projects that the Continuous Improvement department supports. Monitor results and participate in the post-implementation evaluation to determine if improvements of the redesign are realized and to ensure that solutions are identified and implemented to achieve the intended results.
- Assist in communicating the Company’s improvement agenda internally and externally as directed.
- Responsible for department management including staffing, training, performance management and career development of associates, and developing and monitoring department goals. Develop and monitor department budget as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies and practices; make recommendations to improve current programs and processes and to ensure company legal compliance.