Director of Procurement
Job Reference Code: 0275
Salary: $180K-$240K+ 30% Bonus + Stock
Last Updated: 10/10/2017
We are a fast growing company that is looking for a strong Procurement Leader to take control of our direct and indirect purchasing management! This person will be a strong mentor to team of 8 direct reports and report in to our SVP of Supply Chain.
- Requires Bachelors degree, preference for MBA
- Must have experience in indirect and direct purchasing in Food/beverage or CPG industry
- 10+ years in Management or Leadership role
- Experience managing spend greater than 250 million
- 5+ years managing a procurement department
- Responsible for the complete sourcing and supplier management life cycle
- Provides leadership and direction for the sourcing, cost management and control of ingredients, commodities, and packaging.
- Strong business partner in support of key company quality and food safety initiatives
- Influences Product Development to ensure that the supply chain is designed / front-end engineered with cost and sustainability in mind
- Learns and drives thought leadership, internally and externally, pertaining to the reduction of our environmental impact in everything we do, from the fields to the final product.
- Evaluates business opportunities to maximize cost savings and provide the best service, quality and supplier capability.Challenges all levels and functions to insure the best decisions are being made for the project and the Company.
- Researches and analyzes spend data to quantify business decisions and identify spend aggregation opportunities.
- Creates best-practice processes and systems to enable scaling of procurement and sourcing activities and their supporting processes as we grow. Brings others along as processes are developed and implemented.
- Creates and fosters strategic supplier relationships with key ingredient, packaging, and finished goods suppliers to meet/exceed company requirements for cost, quality, service and sustainability.
- Develops and/or authorizes contract strategies.Develops and initiates commodity risk management strategies to protect the company’s competitive advantage
- Serves as a positive change agent both internally and externally, creating a compelling work environment for employee engagement, training and career development