Director of Quality
Job Reference Code: 0280
Last Updated: 01/24/2018
Great opportunity to join a company who has an acquisition strategy and a plan for growth!
- BS Degree is required with a preference for Food Science, Microbiology, Biology Major
- Minimum of 10 years of Quality Assurance experience in areas of increasing responsibility in a perishable food-manufacturing environment
- Must be well versed in the latest Quality Assurance techniques and the ability to develop and implement tactical and strategic plans to drive step-function improvement in quality and consistency
- Must have strong leadership skills and experience leading a quality department in a food or beverage manufacturing plant
- Must be a self-starter who can accomplish results in an ambiguous environment with little or no direction along with the ability to make rapid decisions to drive business results
- Must have the innate ability to take complex situations and simplify them for presentation and training of hourly technicians as well as senior management
Leads the Quality Assurance organization for all company products complete with a strategic vision and steps necessary to achieve both short term and long term needs. Assures there is definition of the Corporate Quality Program that meets customer requirements, clearly recognizes that everyone is responsible for quality, gives a road map for improvement, nurtures quality activities and results in meeting or exceeding market or Company requirements. Provides experienced guidance to the Senior Leadership Team and maintains positive and professional communications/relationships with internal and external customers. Conducts audits of all facilities for compliance to established programs and reports opportunities for quality improvement.
Primary liaison between the Company and its customers and supplier partners for senior management reviews of performance, long term planning and problem resolution.