Job Reference Code: 0286
Salary: $100K-$135K + 20% Bonus
Last Updated: 12/18/2017
We have been retained to find an Engineering Manager who has the capability to become the Director of Engineering for a rapidly expanding food company!
- Requires a BS degree in Mechanical, Agricultural, Manufacturing, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Requires 10+ years of engineering / maintenance experience with 4 years’ experience managing an engineering group
- Using general guidance and competing priorities develop capital project options, concepts, justification, cost estimates and time lines
- Interpret design philosophy with production and maintenance employees and actively promote a continuous improvement culture
- Experience managing a maintenance function would be good background
- Proven record of accomplishment of managing projects on time on budget.
- Foster a safe and high quality working environment
- Promote open communications and solicit cross-functional input from the CEO to the plant operators
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Solid Works and Auto-Cad
The Project Engineer Manager is responsible for providing management and technical expertise on engineering projects for food manufacturing plants through all phases of project development and execution. Responsible for managing the project engineers who design, development, implementation, startup and provide maintenance support on engineering projects. The Project Engineer Manager will also have their projects. This is a great opportunity for someone to work on a wide range of projects and as development for taking on more responsibilities which may include automation and fabrication. This is a hands-on position with extensive interaction with production and maintenance.
- Manage 2-4 Project Engineers, providing direction, coaching and accountability
- Using general and competing priorities develop capital project options, concepts, justification, cost estimates and time lines
- Works on specific projects such as conducting technical studies, budgeting, alternative evaluation, designing / engineering, bidding, economic evaluation, scheduling, preparation of specifications, construction, start-up and troubleshooting
- Support continuous improvement including process improvements and cost reductions
- Become subject matter expert on projects and equipment
- Design and manage food manufacturing projects in all aspect of the plant(s) including material handling, conveying, food processing, blending / mixing, packaging, facilities and utilities