Job Reference Code: 0287
Salary: $100K-$115K+15% Bonus
Last Updated: 12/18/2017
Growing company is searching for a Maintenance professional who can lead, train and develop a Maintenance department.
- BS degree in Electrical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience in a food or beverage manufacturing environment
- Strong hands-on troubleshooting experience
- Facilities maintenance experience with HVAC and other plant systems is desired
- Experience with Ammonia Refrigeration systems is desired
- Well versed in developing maintenance programs and ideally using CMMS programs is desired
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
Responsible to manage the maintenance functions to include facility/building and equipment maintenance to ensure a safe and secure facility. Plans, organizes, supervises and coordinates the activities of the mechanical maintenance department.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the facility and equipment maintenance including, but not limited to the material handling equipment (MHE), buildings, grounds, water, equipment, refrigeration systems, fire systems, and utility distribution systems as well as related labor and budget management.
- Oversee, or participate in the process to solicit and review bids and manage outside contractors for maintenance/mechanical work as necessary.
- Conduct audits/inspections to ensure all aspects of required government compliance related to safety and environmental laws, and Company standards, are achieved/maintained (i.e., OSHA, EPA, Risk Management Plan Rule (RMP)/Clean Air Act, DOT Regulations, etc.).
- Manage the preventive maintenance programs. Documentation of preventative and corrective maintenance records for related assets in the required software program(s).
- Work closely with the operations management and corporate engineering department to manage any expansion or construction project and ensure communication of facility projects with operations/warehouse associates.
- Ensure the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment. This may include, but is not limited to: Maintain the physical condition of the facility and ensure equipment is in proper working condition.
- Ensure procedures for the efficient operation and utilization of all equipment is followed; address any issues or concerns promptly.
- Promote and reinforce safety awareness; report and/or address any issues or work-related injuries.
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with operations management, transportation and/or vendors to determine department priorities, projects and planning of such in conjunction with the priority needs and to ensure prompt and timely resolution of any maintenance/mechanical issues.
- Responsible for the Maintenance operations P&L to include, but not limited to, expense and capital budgeting, cost controls, revenue and productivity objectives, and operational execution. Also responsible for equipment utilization; identify overall opportunities for cost savings, efficiencies and continuous improvement.
- Develop, maintain and update policies, procedures and processes to improve operational efficiency and ensure regulatory compliance. Communicate and/or implement approved/required changes to management and maintenance department.
- Responsible for department management including staffing, training, performance management and career development of associates, and developing and monitoring department goals.
- Maintain current knowledge of legal regulations, industry trends and best practices within Maintenance/Mechanics operations; make recommendations to improve current processes and to ensure company legal compliance (i.e., OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.)
- Management of department metrics and standards to show improvement in safety, uptime, quality, and organization.