Job Reference Code: 0301
Last Updated: 03/08/2018
Large plant role with great visibility for future opportunities! Great leadership team and growing company along with solid benefits, relocation and compensation programs.
- Bachelors of Science degree required. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years Quality Management experience in food production/packaging environment required.
- Lean Manufacturing experience.
- Strong analytical skills using tools such as statistics, downtime tracking, mechanical history, project planning etc. to identify opportunity areas
- Creative/analytical problem-solving skills and innovative approaches to resolve complex problems
- Demonstrated team building and employee development
- Demonstrated effective change management
- Demonstrated experience in managing plant sanitation programs
- Demonstrated experience of effective leadership working closely with the USDA
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Experience in operation management is preferred
- Develop and maintain plant quality system in compliance with the Corporate Quality Policy.
- Leads the food safety, sanitation, technical services and laboratory functions on all shifts.
- Maintains a safe working environment.
- Ensures compliance to state, federal, and local regulations.
- Assures efficient and accurate testing, reporting, and monitoring of product safety and quality.
- Develop and facilitate internal audits to determine/assess compliance to company policy and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains systems for checking and verifying process compliance, including but not limited to SPC, HACCP, Quality Systems, and Formula Control to provide production departments with tools necessary for daily operations.
- Lead development and implementation of plant GMP, Hygiene and Sanitation programs.
- Ensures effective food safety and quality training for plant team members and quality assurance staff.
- Advises the Plant Management Team on quality trends within the process and recommends appropriate corrective action.
- Prepares the annual operating budget for the Quality Assurance department.
- Facilitates the development of analytical methods and sampling procedures as required.
- Advises the Plant Management Team on matters of quality, process instruction, formulas, specifications and protocol requirements as may be required to promote high product quality standard.
- Develop and facilitate internal audits to determine satisfactory performance of packaging components and the practice of sound warehousing procedures as they affect product quality.
- Serves as the plant primary contact for USDA.