Director of Operations
Job Reference Code: 0305
Salary: $140K-$170K+15% Bonus
Last Updated: 03/08/2018
This company is growing with double digit growth and expanding with new lines. State of the art equipment and large capital investments are happening now! This is a great opportunity to make a difference with a talented leadership team!
- BS degree
- 10 years of increasingly responsible manufacturing experience, at least 5 years which must be in the food industry
- 6+ years of direct production management experience
- Demonstrated leadership of safety initiatives
- Track record of leading the improvement of operations while delivering day to day performance
- Aseptic manufacturing experience is highly desirable
- Familiarity with the operations of all plant departments: production, quality, maintenance, materials management, controllership, human resources, etc
- Participative management style and excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience building a strong operations team
- Comfortable working with a highly complex portfolio mix with several diverse manufacturing technologies
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of process control and improvement tools
- Comfortable working with multiple systems including ERP, Windows suite, etc.
The Director of Operations - responsible for overseeing daily plant operations at the functional and departmental levels inclusive of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Inventory, and employee development. Plan, organize, and direct the daily plant operating requirements sufficient to meet and exceed operating metrics as defined.Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital. Assure attainment of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Review daily departmental and plant-wide financial performance and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and determine best course of action to countermeasure any variances.
- Assist with the organization’s financial and budgeting activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Manage staff, prepare work schedules, and assign specific duties.
- Encourage use of innovative productivity techniques and focus on fact based problem solving.
- Establish group and individual accountability throughout assigned departments for problem solving and cost reduction, both on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, depending on need.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with senior management and staff members as necessary.
- Determine staffing requirements and improve manpower utilization within existing departments and processes.
- Coordinate with other department heads as required.
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes. Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas.