Job Reference Code: 0306
Salary: $75K-$95K+10% Bonus
Last Updated: 03/08/2018
Growing company with an innovative entrepreneurial spirit! Dynamic fast pasted environment that is constantly changing and expanding.
- BS Degree is required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quality Control/Food Safety in food manufacturing
- Leadership experience in manufacturing environment requiring precise quality tolerance adherence.
- Must possess knowledge and experience writing, implementing and maintaining Food Safety prerequisite programs at a food facility; cGMPs, HACCP, Preventive Controls, Trace/Recall Program, Environmental Monitoring Program, Allergen Program and similar.
- Working knowledge of FSMA Regulations and GFSI (SQF) standards. LACF knowledge highly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated success driving improvement in a high change environment including driving organizational transformation via lean process; six sigma belt certification or experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of utilizing technology to drive consistency and efficiency.
- Knowledge of good microbiological laboratory practices and skills.
Quality Control Manager collaborates with operations, procurement, R&D, commercialization, customers and suppliers to build key relationships that drive a culture of world class quality. This role is responsible for championing factory compliance standards and quality policies. Owns and champions factory quality for the plant as well as the distribution center.
- Ensure all Quality/Food Safety and regulatory programs are followed by factory personnel, visitors and contractors. Implement and maintain quality and food safety programs in accordance to HACCP, SQF, FDA (LACF/FSMA), Organic, Halal and Kosher requirements.
- Provide guidance and leadership in situations where deviations have occurred or a potential risk has been identified related to food safety and/or quality attributes.
- A key point of contact with auditing and inspection bodies such as the FDA, SQF, and customers.
- Confer with Marketing and Sales to define customer requirements and expectations.
- Create and provide training, as needed, via the Alchemy system to develop the factory quality team into recognized subject matter experts. This includes ensuring factory Quality training is maintained, executed and continuously evolving to meet ever increasing regulatory demands.
- Using lean manufacturing principles, lead and coach the Quality team to develop relevant Quality KPIs that support achieving key business objectives.
- Executes quality and food safety objectives as directed by the Director of Quality.
- Experience leading Sanitation programs