Corporate Project Engineer
Job Reference Code: 0310
Last Updated: 03/27/2018
Our client is growing and constantly upgrading their infrastructure to meet the demands of their customers. We are searching for a talented Corporate Project Engineer who can lead engineering projects across multiple plants. Go to work for an Industry leading company with a great culture and work environment!
- Must have a BS in Engineering
- Minimum 5-10 years of engineering experience in food, drug or CPG manufacturing industry is ideal, but will consider other manufacturing segments
- Demonstrated project management skills. Needs to have experience managing projects from concept through implementation
- Knowledge of plant equipment and facilities
- Financial management of large-scale capital projects
- Problem solving/analytical and hands-on troubleshooting skills
- Experience with baking, electrical power distribution, wastewater, refrigeration, ammonia, chilled water systems and automation is a plus
- Experience working with machine guarding, ergonomic, NFPA, and OSHA standards
- Experience with hygienic/sanitary design principals for equipment and facilities
- MS Project, Office and AutoCAD skills
- Working knowledge of industrial controls and PLCs
This role will be to develop and implement major capital projects as a key member of the North American engineering Infrastructure team. Projects will involve major upgrades to buildings, facilities and production lines, with project values ranging from $100,000 up to $50,000,000. Focus is capital investments to support the ongoing business transformation of our assets to maximize plant productivity and reliability, while meeting company, industry and regulatory standards for food safety, health & safety and environmental sustainability.
- Work within business teams to develop and support category-specific strategic plans.
- Manage all aspects of capital projects:
- Develop and present project concepts outlining project scope, layout, capital, benefits, and timeline.
- Develop capital projects to deliver business objectives in support of the strategy.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop capital project scope, RFQ’s, proposals and cost estimates.
- Prepare project capital funding requests, and manage the process through to approval.
- Take accountability within project team for project deliverables such as performance, capability, operating costs, and productivity savings.
- Ensure project design and execution is fully in accordance with company standards and all applicable regulations.
- Prepare and/or assemble layout drawings, process and instrumentation drawings, or process flow diagrams in support of project implementation.
- Leads projects to ensure they are completed safely, on time & within budget.
- Track and manage capital spending and project schedule on assigned projects.
- Work closely with plant and corporate support teams to ensure collaboration in all areas results in project success.
- Manage commissioning and start-ups, including resolution of deficiencies.
- Hold vendors accountable for meeting agreed upon specifications and guarantees.
- Provides detailed plans/drawings for equipment and control systems.
- Provides direction/training to employees & contractors.
- In addition to above assigned project work:
- Recommends process improvements that will improve production line effectiveness.
- Provides expert technical support, consultation to plants or project leadership on safety, reliability, quality, cost improvement, energy efficiency & environmental issues and opportunities.
- Identifies opportunities to improve maintenance and sanitation operations.
- Implements company standards & best practices across all plants.
- Contributes important learning’s and experience as a key member of the corporate engineering team.