Job Reference Code: 0314
Last Updated: 04/25/2018
We need a talented Operations Manager for a growing plant. A large multi-million expansion will be taking place over the next 12-18 months.
- Bachelor Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of manufacturing experience with demonstrated results and leadership in hi-speed operations.
- Knowledge of packaging equipment (fillers, labelers, packers, palletizers, etc.) including PET, Aseptic and canning processes is preferred.
- Must have experience supervising supervisors
- Experience managing and operating budget with variable and fixed components.
- Start-up of new lines would be a plus
- Ability to analyze data, conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective actions. Lean/TPM experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of PM (preventive maintenance) systems and CMMS software (Emaint, Maximo, SAP, etc.) is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- ERP system (QAD, SAP, JD Edwards, etc.) user experience desired.
This position reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for managing the entire production, maintenance and processing operations to include staffing, training, line efficiencies, preventative maintenance program, people development, cost control, quality and safety.
- Manages the daily operations according to established production schedules, work assignments, employee safety and administration of company policies and procedures.
- Coaches managers and supervisors to help cultivate culture.
- Manages line efficiencies. Works with managers and supervisors on key opportunities for line efficiency improvement by providing trend analysis on key downtime issues and equipment. Facilitate a plan to reduce downtime amongst the operation by holding managers accountable for results and providing coaching to help resolve root causes versus symptoms.
- Manages effectiveness of the plant preventive maintenance program.
- Develops hourly and salaried employees within the production, maintenance and processing departments. Mentors and coaches through the use of feedback and encourages self-development.
- Analyzes financial results to determine successes and gaps. Manages costs to close gaps.
- Monitors quality results and processes from blending until the product is finished.
- Maintains and supports the safety programs in the plant. Assists the Plant Manager in cultivating a safe environment with reinforcement of practices and safe habits.