Supplier Quality Manager
Job Reference Code: 0349
Last Updated: 08/29/2018
Fast growing entrepreneurial company with a great culture and work environment! This is an environment where everyone has an opportunity to make an impact on the business and everyone's idea's are important.
The Supplier Quality Manager develops and implements inbound material / vendor focused quality assurance strategies, programs, policies and procedures to ensure the highest levels of food safety and product quality. The Vendor Assurance Manager helps to develop and implement the strategic vision for how we assess each vendor and co-packer to assess their ability to consistently provide products or services that meet our specification in every facet. This manager also travels extensively conducting vendor audits, supplier visits, and material assessments, acting in a way that helps to identify which suppliers / vendors can best meet the demanding quality standards we require. The Supplier Quality Manager will also be responsible for hiring, training and motivating a team of Supplier Assurance Technologists.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or other related field required
- Five to eight years of food industry managerial experience (meat industry highly preferred)
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Working knowledge of USDA and FDA regulations
- Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Availability for travel up to 40% of the time